Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I finally wrote a letter to the boss and the storyteller requesting a raise. They told me they would be giving me a raise and a bonus for the last three months, but have I seen one. NO! So I thought I needed to take action. This is the letter I wrote. Tell me what ya think!

_____________________________

April 26, 2005


Dear THE BOSS and STORYTELLER,


I’m grateful for the opportunity to work for you and I enjoy doing so. I hope that you will agree that, in the four years I’ve worked for you, I’ve become an integral member of your team, and accomplished a great deal. For example, in the last three months alone, I’ve

§ Taken on more assignments
§ Completed the payroll paperwork in a timely manner
§ Worked overtime voluntarily to finish important tasks
§ Improved my working relationship with the guys in the field
§ Built rapport with the customers who preferred dealing with THE MOUTH
§ Insured that proposals are submitted within tight deadlines
§ Assisted with payroll checks in THE BOSSES absences
§ Took care of the office during THE BOSS AND THE STORYTELLER's absence and while MILITARY MAN was doing field duties
§ Entered Accounts Receivables and took deposits to the bank

However, I’m still working for the salary on which we agreed over a year ago. As I recall, we also agreed to negotiate my salary within the last few months due to the additional work load. I feel the appropriate time is now. In light of my accomplishments with the extra work, I am respectfully requesting an immediate pay raise of at least seven to eleven percent.

I strongly feel that I’ve earned the immediate pay raise based on my performance. However, I am willing to negotiate, as per our agreement. Thanks again for the opportunity. I look forward to continuing to be a key player on your team in a mutually rewarding relationship.

TRULY27

2 Comments:

Blogger Trinity said...

really good to the point and demands attention

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! I am impressed! I mean WAY impressed!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home